As part of the Olympics 2012 legacy, the Government have committed to give each school funding for PE.
Uses of the funding will include:
- Providing opportunities for pupils, who otherwise would not participate, to get involved in physical activity.
- Providing sustainable extra-curricular and inter-school opportunities so our children have a wider access to PE and Sport.
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside and up skill primary teachers to deliver high quality PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities for staff to deliver high quality PE and sport.
- Providing cover to release our teachers for professional development in PE/sport.
- Sports Resources / equipment.
- Providing opportunities for children to access a wider range of inclusive sports/physical activity such as football, athletics, gymnastics, skipping, zumba, basketball, cheerleading etc.
Please click HERE to look at our sports premium plan located on our statutory information page