As part of the Olympics 2012 legacy, the Government have committed to give each school funding for PE.
Uses of the funding will include:
- Providing opportunities for pupils, who otherwise would not participate, to get involved in physical activity.
- Providing sustainable extra-curricular and inter-school opportunities so our children have a wider access to PE and Sport.
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside and up skill primary teachers to deliver high quality PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities for staff to deliver high quality PE and sport.
- Providing cover to release our teachers for professional development in PE/sport.
- Sports Resources / equipment.
- Providing opportunities for children to access a wider range of inclusive sports/physical activity such as football, athletics, gymnastics, skipping, zumba, basketball, cheerleading etc.
Targets for 2017/2018
At Wybers Wood Academy we are forever striving to offer our children the best PE and sport education possible. In line with new government requirements, the school will be working hard to achieve all the criteria stated below.
- Aim to increase the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- To raise the profile of PE and Sport across the whole school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- To increase the knowledge, confidence and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport.
- Offer children a broader experience of sport and activities offered to our pupils.
- T o increase our children’s level of participation in competitive sport
- To ensure that all non-swimmers achieve 25 metres to meet the statuary requirements of national curriculum for PE
- Sports Fund Action Plan 2018-19(403 KB)