To gain this award, the school has self-assessed that the following Asthma Friendly Standards are in place:
- The school has an Asthma Champion.
- The school has an Asthma Policy.
- There is a register of all children with Asthma in school.
- The school keep an emergency inhaler and spacer.
- The school requests a Personal Asthma Action Plan for children with Asthma.
- The school communicates with parents/carers to keep children with Asthma safe.
- School staff receive Asthma training and have an awareness of how to support children with Asthma.
Asthma is a very common condition affecting around 3 children in every classroom across the UK. You can find out more about Asthma and other common childhood conditions at https://www.hnyhealthiertogether.nhs.uk/